GTS specialises in RF and baseband test automation using Perl or LabWindows/CVI. The case studies describe some of the projects GTS has undertaken.
We are also developing an ELM327, OBD2, Perl module. Information and application examples can be found here.
Ubiquisys Ltd: automate production line testing of femtocells
Production line test automation software was produced with (MySQL) Database storage of results and web front end for line control and data mining.
- Rohde and Schwarz CMU300
- Agilent Power supplies
- Keithley RF test equipment
- FTDI USB IO module
- I2C bus master and I2C protocol analyser
Teldix GmbH: test automation for satellite reaction wheel controller
A simple-to-use data driven test executive and report generator was written.
C (LabWindows/CVI 7.0)
- Keithley 2701 Ethernet Multimeter
- Tektronix TDS3034B Ethernet Oscilloscope
- Eurotest LAB-SL/SM GPIB power supply
- Lambda ZUP60-3.5 serial power supply
- Hoecherl & Hackl LM124 serial variable load
- Digital IO cards, Data Acquisition Card
- Multiplexer and Relay Boards
Ericsson Mobile Platforms: configuring mobile phones on production lines
Code was written to install software and ring tones and allocate IMEI numbers and security locks in mobile phones. By making it multithreaded, it was possible for up to 16 handsets to be in various stages of programming at any time. This allowed for failing units to be removed and immediately replaced with new units.
C (LabWindows/CVI 6.0). Multithreaded to allow independent handset configuration.
- 16 fast serial ports
- GPIB power supply
- a Digital IO (DIO) and Data Acquisition (DAQ) card
- Agilent 8960 (E5515) GSM test set and Anritsu MT8820 UMTS test set
Synad Technologies Ltd: RF device characterisation suite for WiFi chipset
An RF device test/characterisation suite was written. It comprised a general purpose test executive and report generator and a modular set of tests for LNA, Mixer and OPAMP. Support for tracking the calibration status of test equipment was built into the system. Test results were saved as Excel spreadsheets linked to from an HTML contents page.
C (LabWindows/CVI 5.0.1)
- Agilent 4395A & E4440A Spectrum Analysers
- 8753ES Network Analyser
- 54825A Infinium 4 channel scope
- 33120A Function waveform generator
- E4437B Series signal generator
- 83712B Synthesised signal generator
- 34401A Multimeter
- E3631A Triple output DC power supply
GTS specialises in accessible web design. All too often, accessibility takes second place to design considerations, but at GTS we believe that a website should be designed for the convenience of the user. Our design principles are that a website should:
- work on all major browsers
- work in any commonly-used screen resolution
- support easy keyboard navigation
- display high-contrast, readable text
- allow the user to resize all text
- work well with a screen reader
- be easy to use if images are turned off in the browser (e.g. no white text on white background)
- value the user's time: for example no pointless splash screens
- work as the user expects: for example the tab order should be standard